Saturday, June 30, 2012

Week One Mini Challenge

WEEK ONE CHALLENGE: Take the time to plan your Marathon Mission as you would a business plan. Grab a notebook, sit down and write out your plan. Take measurements and photos of yourself. As painful as this may be, it will be a rewarding comparison in 13 weeks. Define your goals. How is success defined for you? Is it purely scale stats or do you have measurement goals? Decide which method you're going to take to reach your goal. Are you counting calories, carbs, WW points or just eating right? Are you embarking on a specific diet plan - South Beach, Body for Life, etc? Schedule in your exercise... mark it on your calendar like a doctor's appointment. The more specific you are in your planning, the more likely you will succeed. Plan your work and then work the plan. Source
Of course I am a week behind in getting to this challenge. I had a whole other challenge to deal with. My computer had a major crash, and even though my husband was able to restore my computer, all of my photos, favorites, and emails are still sitting on disks that were backed up that my computer won't read in able to be restored. We haven't given up but looks like we may have to take it in so they can retrieve my information.

Ok my first goal was to get more water in my system. I am doing this slowly and the first step was getting myself a nice water bottle that is just for me. Second would be to get a little more movement in my day. Yeah the butt is a bit big from sitting on the computer typing away, ok and a few brownies over the years. I have been sick most of my life, and even though I have my good days. You know the days I try to do it all, there are just too many down days that ruin the few good days I have.

I am suppose to take vitamins every day and I forget a lot of the time, and even when I remember I just say I will take them tomorrow so that would be goal three. Some of my bigger goals for the year would be to lose my front butt like my other posts say, but 1/2 a year has gone by and nada so I will restart that from today's date and see how far I get in a year. Another short term goal would be for me and my family to make the hike up our near by falls. Everyone else in the family but me has been able to make the whole trip, and enjoy the sights. It might have been my fear of heights but I get about half way there and my face will be so beat red, my heart is racing, and I get dizzy. We end up turning back every time. I am bound to enjoy the beautiful views our near by falls offer. We live in a tourist area where people come from all over the country just to see it's beauty, while I live right here everyday and have never been able to see it, other then by pictures others have taken.

1. Down more Water
2. More Movement
3. Take Vitamins
4. Lose the Fron Butt
5. Make the hike to the Falls

For me being able to fit into some of my smaller clothes and being able to take that hike would be a wonderful feeling of accomplishment that I have made a better choice for my future which includes many more years with my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment